Publish your book directly from Pages to Apple Books on your iPad, iPhone, Mac, or online at iCloud.com. All you need is an iTunes Connect account for Apple Books. If you don’t have one, sign up for an account.
Publish your book with Pages
- Open your document in Pages.
- On iPad or iPhone, tap ... , then tap Publish to Apple Books.
On Mac, choose File > Publish to Apple Books.
Online at iCloud.com, click the Tools button , then choose Publish to Apple Books.
- Follow the prompts to sign in to iTunes Connect.
- If your Apple ID belongs to more than one iTunes Connect account, you’ll need to choose a seller name. Choose the name under which you want to publish your book.
Enter book information
- Select “This is a new book” and click Continue. Learn more about submitting a book update.
- Select a layout. Choose Reflowable for books that are mostly text. Choose Fixed layout for image-heavy or multi-column documents.
- Add your cover by selecting a .jpg or .png file, or use the first page.
- Complete the remaining book information fields which are relevant for your book.
Add pre-order information (optional)
- If your book was first published on another platform, enter its original publication date. If your book has never been published, this field will automatically display the Apple Books release date for your book.
- Select Yes in Pre-Order if you want customers to be able to purchase your book before the release date.
- Select Yes in Upload Book to upload your book files if they’re ready. If they’re not ready yet, select No. You can submit them to Apple before the release date.
- Select Yes in Specify Sample Range to choose the pages you’d like to offer as a sample. If you’d prefer for Apple to cut the sample, select No.
Preview your book and upload to iTunes Connect
- Preview your book (and your sample if you have one) to ensure it’ll look great on Apple Books.
- Click Upload if you’re happy with what you see.
- Click “Go to iTunes Connect" to set a price for your book and choose where you want it to be available for purchase.
Set pricing, country, and region information in iTunes Connect
After your book imports, use iTunes Connect to set a price for your book and choose where you want the book to be available for purchase. Your book will not be available for purchase until you add this information.
- Click My Books.
- Select the book. (It can take up to 24 hours to appear in iTunes Connect.)
- Click Rights and Pricing.
- Add or edit countries, regions, and pricing.
- Select one or more countries or regions, and click Save.